Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/14/14 Welcome to Oregon - Longview, WA to Gnat Creek Campground, OR


The Picture Says it All
9/14/14 Welcome to Oregon - Longview, WA to Gnat Creek Campground, OR (33 miles)
525 Trip Miles

West to Astoria!  Well not quite since I'm still 19 miles short.  The ride across the Lewis and Clark Bridge was still a pretty good climb, and there was a lot of traffic, but there was a good sholder all the way.  There were two climbs today, Rainier Pass and Clatsop Crest for a total of 1,420 feet.

Gnat Creek Campground was the last one before Astoria so I figured I'd stop here.  There are only three sites, and they were all taken.  However, one couple invited me to share their site and I accepted.  I didn't think to get any groceries at Westport, so supper consited of my emergency rations, Ramon noodles with tuna fish and fine aged water (vintage earlier that afternoon)!

Tomorrow I will be in Astoria.  I may spend the night there so I can get some laundry done.

Kerry
The Oregon Border
Where the Forest Ends Up
On a Boat to ???
So much for a flat ride along the river

No comments:

Post a Comment