Sunday, September 7, 2014

9/6/14 Oak Harbor to Port Townsend. 21 miles

Boats, boats, boats!  The Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival
9/6/14 Oak Harbor to Port Townsend.  21 miles

No problems spending the night, just the sound of the water lapping at the shore.  Awoke at 6:30 when two ladies with a buch of equipment.  They were there to set up a half-way rest stop for a century ride.

On the ferry to Port Townsend I met another cyclist, Don, who told me there was a big Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend.  Don had three tickets, but his wife and son couldn't attend, so he gave me one of his extra tickets.  Another boat festival, that's the end of riding today!  Lots of beautiful boats, some of which I saw at the Victoria Classic Boat Festival.

As I was leaving the festival a guy on a nice Miyata 610 rode up and was admiring my 618GT.  His name was Bob and he owns a bike shop in Port Townsend.  He invited me to spend the night at his place, and since most places were booked up due to the festival, I accepted.  He let me do my laundry, shower, and sleep on the couch.   He has a great collection of bikes, many of them touring oriented.  And I fret about having more than one touring bike!

Today I'm heading towards Bremerton and will probably stop around Kitsap Memorial Park.  That should put me in a good position to head through Bremerton and out again the next day.

Big Boats, the Victoria V


Little Boats

And Music

No comments:

Post a Comment